- The Company Members primarily exist to serve as a pool of prospective board members.
Member of the Board of Directors
- Attends and votes at Directors' Meetings.
- Any two Directors may call for a Directors' Meeting.
- Any Director who fails to attend three consecutive Directors' Meetings may be removed by the other Directors.
- Bring to the attention of the SCA Inc. Board of Directors any elements of SCA Governing Documents ('Corpora') which are inapplicable due to differences between local and US law.
- Must not be a Greater Officer or Sitting Royalty in Insulae Draconis or Drachenwald.
- The Board as a whole is required to comment on changes to SCA Corpora.
Chair of the Board
- The Chair must be a Director, and presides over each Directors' meeting.
- Serves as formal representative of the SCA UK CIC.
- If a vote at a meeting is a tie, the Chair has a second or casting vote
- Maintain current accounts for the principality. Including making payments, etc.
- Be responsible for processing up-to-date accounting procedures as required by law for HM Revenue and Customs and for Companies House.
- Provide quarterly reports to the board, the association exchequer and association seneschal and upon request by the board or the association seneschal. (NB: this is under review, with an eye to changing the requirement to annually.)
- Maintain historical accounting records as required by HM Revenue and Customs.
- Compliance with corporate governance and other financial and legal regulations.
- Management of shareholder administration and communication.
- Provision of strategic advice to the company's board of directors.
- Arranges for insurance to be kept up to date.
- Maintain a current database of the paid members of the association (exclusve of event members)
- Be responsible for processing new member applications, payments, and issuance of a membership card
- provide quarterly reports to the Treasurer, the Association Exchequer and Association Seneschal and upon request by the Board of the Association Seneschal
Updated 17 June 2021